CTUIR Emergency Mitigation Management Home
This web site contains information about the Umatilla Indian Reservation
Hazard Mitigation Plan. The Hazard Mitigation Plan is a document intended to make the Umatilla Indian Reservation more resistant to natural and man-made hazards and more resilient in recovering from the effects of natural or man-made disasters.
The purpose of the Umatilla Indian Reservation Hazard Mitigation Plan is to:
Hazard mitigation is vitally important to everyone
living on the Umatilla Indian Reservation and we hope that you will take the time
to review the Hazard Mitigation Plan. You can read the Plan here online or
download a zipped file containing all the related documents in MS Word format.
- Analyze the natural and man-made hazards that have the potential to cause death, injury and inflict damage to property within the current boundary of the Umatilla Indian Reservation and determine the type and level of risks associated with each hazard analyzed;
- Provide measures that, if implemented, will prevent or minimize the affects of various hazards and help protect the people and assets within the boundaries of the reservation;
- Satisfy the federal requirements for tribal hazard mitigation plans as stated in the 44 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Section 201, thus enabling the Confederated Tribe of the Umatilla Indian Reservation to become eligible for all hazard mitigation grant programs administered by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA); and
- Provide a guide for all people living and working on the reservation to help them make the Umatilla Indian Reservation more disaster resistant and resilient and able to withstand the detrimental effects from all of the natural and man-made hazardous events identified in this plan.
- Serve as a functional plan to implement fulfillment of CTUIR Comprehensive Plan goal and objective.